HIRING PROCEDURES: Applications for employment will be accepted from time to time in anticipation of job
openings. Job applicants will be required to complete an employment application form. It is customary to check
references provided by job applicants. To be employed, applicants must provide proof that they are eligible for
employment under the Immigration and Naturalization Service regulations. Proof of citizenship must be provided
within three days of hire. To ensure the safety of our clients, a potential employee's driving record and background
will be checked.
...Navigation for real life.
MICHIGAN ABILITY PARTNERS CURRENTLY HAS OPENINGS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
Monitored Housing Veterans Services Staff
Program: Veterans Services- SUD-IOP and PRRC
General Summary: This staff person is responsible to the Veterans Services Team Specialist or designee. It is the
responsibility of the Monitored Housing Veterans Services Staff to provide house management services to residents
of the SUD IOP and Psycho-social Rehab Recovery Center program. This individual works independently and serves
as a liaison between veterans and the VA staff and VA and MAP staff.
1. Conduct admissions/discharges from apartments. Orient veterans on house rules including community
expectations and key transfer
2. Manage facility including inspection before admission and discharge, cleaning, replenishing of supplies, and
conducting random inspections of rooms and common areas
3. Ensure all sites are stocked with food and supplies
4. Case management coverage including availability by phone, safety checks as needed and regular
communication with VA staff
5. Coordinate periodic community and home based events including dinners, outings and special occasions
6. Provide information on community events near housing sites including seasonal activities, special bus
schedules, transportation availability etc.
7. Serve as the agency representative when meeting with area agencies within the service area of assigned
8. Work with residents and VA staff to ensure a secure environment
9. Complete statistical program evaluation and other reports as needed
10. Provide 24/7 on-call staffing for assigned housing sites.
11. Create and maintain SUD IOP Monitored housing policies and procedures including emergency safety
planning and crisis response
12. Provide clinical expertise in the treatment of mental illness and substance abuse for all agency participants
including oversight of in-house drug and alcohol testing
13. Coordinate facility maintenance and beautification with leasing agent; organize applicable landscape needs
including snow removal, and lawn care
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Leader and CEO.
Qualifications: Ability to work as part of a team; experience working with people with disabilities, including substance
abuse; passionate about working with veterans; Bachelor’s Degree in human services preferred; Trained in CPR and
first aid; Must have a valid driver’s license; Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds, bend, sit and walk for extended
periods of time.
Status: Full Time; hours may vary
Salary: $11.25/hour with benefits
Send cover letter and resume to Monica Mann at email@example.com